Improved accessible play could be coming to local park
As part of Richmond Council’s continued commitment to improve parks and open spaces, the Council is seeking the views of residents about a proposed upgrade to the play equipment at Raleigh Road Recreation Ground.
We are proposing to make the play space integrated, enabling all children to play together through:
- The installation of a wheelchair swing and additional seating that has at least one side with easy access for those with additional mobility needs or buggies
- Improvement of the current walkways to make it easier for buggies and wheelchairs to move across the ground
- The addition of a sensory pathway with textured flooring and a variety of colours and shapes at eye level to offer stimulation and interest for all children
This would entail the installation of the following inclusive equipment/features to the existing park:
- Wheelchair accessible swing
- Sensory walkway
- Activity trail and spinner
- Accessible seating/benches
- Pathway suitable for wheelchair users and buggies
- Upgrade of existing parks furniture
- Provision of new tree and bulb planting in the autumn
You can have your say here. Deadline for feedback is the 18 October 2019.