Level Crossing Incident
BTP Appeal for Information – North Sheen, Richmond
We are appealing for information following a misuse of a level crossing in North Sheen. We launched an investigation last week when the incident was brought to our attention and we are trying to trace the man shown in the images as we would like to speak to him in connection with the incident.
If you recognise him or have any information about who he might be, please text us on 61016 or call us on 0800 40 50 40quoting reference number 510 11/5.
We take level crossing misuse extremely seriously. Those who behave irresponsibly put lives at risk.
Please help us to identify this man so that we can establish the circumstances of the incident.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind people of the importance of using level crossing safely. Level crossings can be dangerous if they are not used correctly. There are over 7,000 level crossings across the UK railway network. There are several different types of level crossing, but regardless of which one you use, our safety message remains the same: be sensible and adhere to warning signs.
· As you approach the crossing, be ready to stop behind the white line if the lights begin to flash.
· Only cross when the barriers are fully raised and the lights go off, or when you are granted permission by an operator.
· If the red lights keep flashing after a train has passed, wait – another train is coming.
· If the amber light comes on while you are on the crossing then you must keep going.
· Never reverse onto or over the level crossing.
· Keep children with you at all times near a level crossing.
· Keep dogs on a lead.
Click on he picture to see the video.