Richmond upon Thames is leading the way on Covid-19 testing, with the highest NHS Test and Trace programme testing uptake in London and 86% of contacts being identified – but the Council Leader warns, we should not become complacent.
Over the last 30 days, there have been over 8,300 Covid tests in Richmond. The borough had the second highest testing rate in London (4216 per 100,000 residents).
The number of confirmed COVID cases remains low in Richmond and 86% (London average 79%) of Covid-19 cases have provided information on their contacts to NHS Test and Trace. A high rate of 88% (London average 77%) of these contacts have been successfully contacted. This is an important tool in our COVID response.
To see the latest figures, go to: www.datarich.info/covid-19/#COVID19local
It is very important that we continue to follow Government advice, so:
- Work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people outside your household
- Keep your distance from people not in your household (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
- Wear a face covering when on public transport and in shops
If you do have symptoms, you MUST stay at home and self-isolate, while you wait for a test. There are several ways you can get tested:
- Go online and book through the national testing website www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119.
- Home test kits – delivered to your home and then collected by courier once completed.
To see the poster in full, click here.