Hammersmith Bridge to be closed to vehicular traffic
Richmond Council is giving residents and businesses advanced warning of the planned maintenance and investigation work on Hammersmith Bridge this February half-term.
The work is being carried out by Hammersmith and Fulham Council and Transport for London (TfL) and bridge closures are scheduled to run as follows:
Daytime bridge closures
• Saturday 10 February, 8am to 6pm
• Sunday 11 February, 8am to 6pm
• Monday 12 February, 8am to 6pm
Daytime lane closures (northbound only – Richmond/Barnes towards Hammersmith)
• Tuesday 13 February, 8am to 6pm
• Wednesday 14 February, 8am to 6pm
• Thursday 15 February, 8am to 6pm
• Friday 16 February, 8am to 6pm
Full weekend bridge closure
• From 8am Saturday 17 February to 6pm on Sunday 18 February
• Bridge to re-open on Sunday 18 February at 6pm.
Hammersmith Bridge is currently operating under severe weight restrictions with one bus permitted to travel in either direction at any one time. Hammersmith and Fulham Council and TfL are still finalising plans for major repairs to the bridge later in 2018. The current work is essential to ensure the bridge can continue to operate effectively and better inform the design of the final upgrade works.
Hammersmith and Fulham Council and TfL have apologised in advance for the noise and congestion this may cause to surrounding roads.