Mayor of London consults on Stag Brewery
The Mayor of London is carrying out a public consultation on revised Planning Applications for the Stag Brewery site in Mortlake, following his ‘Call In’ of the local Planning Committee decision.
On 29 January, the Planning Committee resolved to approve Applications A and B for the redevelopment of the Stag Brewery and refuse Application C for the Chalker’s Corner highway works, subject to no adverse direction or call in by the Mayor of London or the National Planning Casework Unit.
The applications were formally referred to the Mayor of London in April. On 4 May his Deputy Mayor, acting on his behalf, issued a public direction that, due to the nature of the development, the Mayor of London would “call in” and thereby act as the local planning authority for the purposes of determining all three planning applications.
Subsequent to the Deputy Mayor’s Direction, the applicant has submitted amendments to the scheme to the Mayor. The GLA is now consulting on those amendments, with the deadline for feedback 27 September.
The first application (Application A) is the master plan for how the site would be developed. Changes to the application secured by the GLA include:
- Increase in residential unit provision from up to 813 units (including 150 flexible assisted living and/or residential units) to up to 1,250 units.
- Increase in affordable housing provision from up to 17% to up to 30%.
- Increase in height of some buildings, of up to three storeys.
- Changes to the layout of Buildings 18 and 19.
- Conversion of Block 20 from a row of terrace housing to a pair of four storey buildings.
- Reduction in the size of the western basement, resulting in an overall reduction in car parking spaces of 186 spaces, and introduction of an additional basement storey beneath Building 1 (the Cinema).
- Other amendments involving changes to internal layouts, relocation and change to the quantum and mix of land uses across the Site.
- Removal of the nursing home and assisted living proposals from Development Area 2.
- Landscaping amendments, including canopy removal of four trees on the north-west corner of the Site.
- Updated supporting documents for all Applications.
The second application (Application B) considered proposals for the erection of a three-storey building to provide a new secondary school with sixth form. The revised application includes minor amendments to the road and pedestrian layouts.
The third application (Application C) proposed the reconfiguration of Chalker’s Corner traffic junction, to include existing public highway and existing landscaped and informal parking area associated with Chertsey Court. The revised application includes no changes to the physical works, however whilst this application remains ‘live’, it is understood that the GLA is considering alternative highway works to mitigate the highway impacts,
To see the revised applications, go to: www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/planning/planning-applications-and-decisions/public-hearings/former-stag-brewery-public-hearing
Anyone can make representations by emailing the GLA at firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 September 2020. Comments received after 27 September 2020, but before a decision is made, may still be taken into account but failure to meet this deadline could result in your comments not being considered
The Mayor has provisionally scheduled a virtual representation hearing for the 26 November at 13:30. https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/interim_mayoral_rep_hearing_procedure_-20th_july.pdf