Pop-up Coronavirus test centre in Richmond
People who think they may have contracted Coronavirus can get tested at a special temporary testing centre run by the army in Richmond Town Centre today (Tuesday, 5th May) and on Wednesday, 6th May.
In addition to the drive-in testing centre at Twickenham Stadium, a mobile testing unit will be offering tests in Richmond between 9.30am and 3.30pm on both May 5th and 6th. Appointments are available online.
The Council is not permitted to reveal the location of the test centre. The location will only be provided upon confirmation of the booking.
Please note the test will not show if you have already had Covid-19, only if you have the infection on the day of the test.
The tests are being offered to the following categories of people – and if appropriate members of the same household.
• All those working on the frontline in health and social care (with or without symptoms)
• Patients in the NHS and residents in care homes (with or without symptoms)
• All essential workers with symptom anyone over 65 with symptoms
• Anyone who goes into work because they cannot work from home (e.g. construction workers, emergency plumbers and those in similar occupations) and has symptoms
• Anyone who has symptoms and lives with someone who meets any of the above criteria
• You can also apply for a test if you have a clinical referral from NHS 111 online.
Tests are being offered by appointment only. These must be booked online via the Government’s web portal.